• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on my 20 dollar chip, pin mod, and votage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

as most of u know and those who had help me out in the past (thank you guys) i own a 20 dollar 1800 duron (unlock, week 29) apple bred "B". I just did the pin mod and i'm running at stock speed right now 13.5 X133.
At 1.7 Vcore (thanks to pin mod) i'm idle at 37C at stock speed. at 13.5 X 166 i idle at 39C. but i'm not stable, i can boot into window, i can do almost everything except when i try to benchmark my CPU with sandra, then it's not stable.
Now my quesiton is, are those temp bad? and should i up the Vcore a little higher? how much Vcore can u do on air?
I really want that 13.5 X 166 hehe, that is some speed, my duron at that speed can smoke alot of CPU.
thanks to my stupid vantec aero flow, i can snap the heatsink on and off with my board still intact in my case :) so it makes it alot easier to change the pins and stuff
when i have time i'll write about the pin mod that i did and how 7 times is a charm kekek. thanks guys.

hehe at this rate i'll probably get another duron since they are soooo cheap, 40 bucks for a mobo that can OC and an unlock duron kaka i think it's cheap.

i'm doing sandra burn in at stock speed right now, temp at loaded are 39-40, and temp at idle are 36-37, is it possible for loaded temp to be only 3 degrees higher than idle temp? hehe if it is i'm really in luck.

Yea its possible. I would bump the V-core so that its 45 idle and 50load.

That seems to be the perfect fit for pplz these days.

3C difference between idle and load actually seems a little unlikely. What HSF do you have? What motherboard do you have? Does it read the temps from the on-die thermal diode or from an in-socket sensor? Is sandra all you're using for stability testing? I reccomend at least adding cpuburn, prime95, and memtest86 to your test suite.

Back