• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ running at 2200+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

550M

I just got a 2500+ and installed it. I put the fsb at 166 and auto ratio, and sandra verifies a 333 fsb, but it also lists the processor at 2200+. How can this happen?

What version of Sandra do you have? It could be an older version. Plus, the 2200+ and 2500+ both have the same clock speeds. That could be screwing Sandra up.

Look at the BIOS when the system starts...it will say what speed you are running at...right before it loads windows...

i'm not sure what version sandra is, but i know its fairly old. bios does list the processor as a 2200 also. boot screen passes too fast to see, but i do catch a 333 mhz dram clock. i should have mentioned it to start with, but only one of my 3 memory modules is working now. not sure if its related, but ...

amd's cpuinfo prog says 2200+

Family.Model.Step: 6.10.0
l1 data 64k
l1 inst 64k
l2 512

can u post a picture with the mutiplier X FSB? cuzz that's really weird, the L2 cache is dectected as barton, and there is no 2200 barton :)

this is a wierd one, i honestly don't know, it's got the speed and cache right, but the rating is off, i don't know why, but it shouldn't be a problem though, everything seems fine, just leave it :)

well maybe they sent me a bad processor or something. the box does say 2500+ though.

I just realized what timdog was saying. I did download the new version of sandra, and it still says 2200 but the clock speed is 1.84, maybe it gets this info from bios? i haven't updated my bios so it is fairly old.

Last edited:
alright, i think i found the problem. i went to the mb manufacturer website, and it looks like i need to update to the next version of the bios for proper 2500 operation. that would explain the wierd info though

Yep, your settings are just in spec.
2200+ was an XP (Palomino/Tbred) running at 1.8GHz, this is probably why your BIOS wasn't reporting your chip correctly.

Back