• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

No one will help me! I have posted three times about my problem! WindowsXP Pro for some reason enjoys duplicating any icons or shortcuts I place, or a program creates on my desktop! Once they are created, a duplicate of the exact same, identical mirror image thingy appears right under it! But listen to this... If I try to delete both at the same time it gives me an error, after the error only one is deleted, but then after a good old refreshy the other fallows. This only happends on the dekstop. There is only one user "Justin Neese" (or me). Then there is guest which is dissabled, oh and then there is "all users" but had nothing in it!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Soon ima post this under Emergency 911... wherever that went

I have searched and searched for a solution to your problem and have came up with a big fat 0. If I find something I will let ya know.

Sophisticated said:
i got a solution...RE-Format & RE-Install

that might be a bit extreme... first i think that doing a virus scan might be a good idea :) check here. this is the one that i use all the time... it works pretty well if you ask me...

Thank you all so much for at least responding, and the first guy for doing extensive research, that was a greatly appreciated. The thing I think is goin on though is something with the user settings, maybe when I create an icon it for some reason is going into two users instead of one or sumthin like that, cuz this all started when i messed around in there.

Back