• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton mobile 2500+ low FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magictoaster8

Registered
OK, so I broke down and bought one of these babies. IGYHA 407.

Here is the problem my old Tbred hit 220 fsb on my NF7-s v2 so I know it is not the board or the memory. But I can not for the life of me get this thing over 188 fsb it will run @ 2.653 gigz but will not go over 180fsb and it is driving me nuts. I have not done any mods to it yet but have done the L12 mod in the past with minimal succes (5fsb difference)

Any one got Ideas
any thing will help

so have you done the L12 mod on your current setup?

it's a 133fsb cpu so just change it to 166 and the L12 mod should get you beyond 200

I can't do more than 175 FSB in dual channel for some reason... but I can do 245 in single channel... In the case of my DFI motherboard this issue hasn't been addressed too well yet. Perhaps you should update bios.

I have not done the L12 mod yet because it is a pain to take my MB out and undo the whole WC setup however when the weekend roles around I guess I will not have any more excusses.

As for 200*9 1.5 V no it will not boot, 200*6.5 2.1V will but it is not prime stable for more than an hour.

I run single channel memory so that should not be the cause and CPU interface is disabled so ....

Lets pray L12 is all I need.

damn that sucks, hope you figure it out. im getting ready to get one of those mobiles and im gunna be pis*ed if mine doesnt go over 180fsb :D

Odd that the T-bred ran that fast and the mobile won't. Most likely the Barton is more sensitive to timings than the T-bred was.

Know anyone with a DFI you could try it in to be sure you don't have a CPU that doesn't like a high FSB? The NF7 uses default timings whereas the DFI sets it's timings based on the actual FSB. 200+ on the DFI uses the 200mhz romsip while the NF7 is stuck with the 133 or 166 timing. A modded bios with proper timings would be the way to go.

You might be able to get some help here.
http://underclock.proboards20.com/index.cgi

188 fsb it will run @ 2.653 gigz but will not go over 180fsb and it is driving me nuts.

I'm starting to see alot of pplz with similar results. It seems that the L12 is ineffective for Barton-Mobiles.

My guess that pinning it to 200mhz might resolve this issue

yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did the L12 mod (133-166 only) and now I have no problem booting at 200+fsb still will not do 225 like my Tbred but i am getting closer 214 seems to be running prime stable will post tomorrow with final OC

Thanks for the suggestion guys

i ordered a 2400+ that i plan on matching my current 220 fsb with. i am very interested in the L12 mod if it is the only way to achieve my current fsb, but test it first to see if it's necessary.

yea.. really wish higher fsb was attainable. dont think it will be possible, and the L12 has not helped as many as it has with the tbreds.

133 -> 220 fsb range is a huge leap though in FSB oc'ability..

true, but i've seen peeps hitting 240+ with these chips on DFI boards and such.

yup, just the dfi mainly though. with the exception of login on this thread (hes running in single channel as per his sig), and 2 or 3 others i have seen on nf7. everyone else is stuck in this range, L12 enabled or disabled.

but... ya never know what tictac may have up his sleeve:)

Last edited:
sigh ok ok not so great news. all fsb over 200 will not run stable more than an hour and a half on prime so yes it helped but not as much as I hoped. Currentley running 198*13.5=2673 @1.9V idle=35C load=40C oh well still beets my Tbred in bench marks. any other suggestions

what bios revision are you on? ive noticed i get the most fsb on tictac's d22-3dfire. that is the only one i can achieve my current fsb at my current multi.

drop your ram in to slot 3 as well (last slot, furthest from the CPU). if you have 2 sticks.. you can drop them in 1&3.

good luck.

I am on the abit 21 bios. But I am willing to give this other one a try where can I find it. Let me know as soon as possible please please please

Links to download + what ever flash utility I need (or can I use abits?)

Thanks
Cheers

Last edited:
So far I've achieved 255 with my mobile barton in dual channel with no problems...I think I was approaching the limit of my Mushkin but it can do alll that at 2-2-2-11 @ 3.3v; I prefer to run on my setup in the sig as it's idle is around 31 deg and load is around 36/37 on air cooling. :) As far as the NF7-S - I think it is limited by the chipset as I had an Nf7-s with a locked barton and couldn't break 193 fsb but even it would do better on the DFI.

Back