• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Does Evaluation Copy on Ram Mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JuMz

Registered
Hey All

I'm new to the forums and all and i thought i would just pop this question. I recently purchased a pair of 256 Kingston Hyperx Pc4000 Ram and on each of the modules there is a white sticker on the centre of the module that says "EVALUATION". What exactly does this mean?

I haven't had a chance to test the ram yet because i am waiting for my 2.8C SL6Z5 to ship, should be here in 3-5 days. If anyone has an answer to this, please feel free to let me know. If you guys need pics, i'll post them. Just ask

I am also wondering what these numbers / letters mean as well:

9905193-038.A00
12277166 - 2.6 V
Assy in USA

How can i tell if my Ram is BH5 or CH5 or BH6? In fact, what the heck do those terms even mean?

its not a BH, its HYnix I believe. this is the type of chip on the PCB. technically its the IC, or integrated circuit.
the evaluation sticker means it was probably sent out for a review or something, then sold..

Back