• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobile 2500+ User

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryder<amd>

Registered
Hi guys,
I just want to say that this is a great community and I have been reading these forums for over a week now here and there and I’ve gained soo much knowledge and wanted to show my appreciation. I should be getting my parts soon and these will be my specs:

AMD Mobile 2500+
NFS-7 Rev 2.0
SLK-947U / Panaflo 92mm
Sparkle 350W PSU
512 MB Corsair XMS Extreme
128 MB ATI Radeon 9600
120 GB Western Digital
5x Case Fans 40.5 cfm each
Tubing wires to increase airflow
Been reading and interesting thread on duct mods but will have to find out idle/load temps before trying it out

This will be the first time I’ll ever overclock and I think the mobile 2500+ would be a great chip to start off with. Basically I want this chip to last a long time and I want to overclock this chip without increasing my vcore. I know little increases in vcore probably won’t hurt a chip but I’d like to be on the safe side before I start burning it in and really max out this baby. What are the most stable settings without increasing vcore that you’ve guys achieved? Also will I have to adjust memory timings as well if I’m overclocking without messing with the vcore?

well, one thing I wanted to say is that from the first day you start using your processor, you're slowly burning it in, you can't just postpone burning in to a later time. You either start burning in, or you just give it.
On stock voltage, on the mobo should give you a 1.575 BIOS setting, and as for most people the mobo undervolts, you might get around 1.55v, at that voltage I don't think you will be able to go much beyond 2.2GHz.

Sweet! 2.2ghz sounds good to me. Thanks for the heads up coolest.

I'll post pics and update you guys. I bought a clear acrylic case so it's gonna make use for a nice nightlight especially with my cathodes and led fans and what not. :p

I just downloaded ur program off your sig coolest! wow nice proggy.

I would set it to 200x12 with 1.775 v ( 1.75 actual ) and call it a day .. Also see if it boots at 1.65v and 1.70 .. If it doesnt you will need to hold down insert and up the volts .25 at a time ..

well, i remember saying i was gonna be happy with 2.2ghz, NOT. so, I give you 2 weeks before you wanna push it somemore. Since we all are addicted here, and know you will be come addicted too. Id order a thermalright sp97 with a 92mm panaflow and start it out at 1.7vcore 200x12, and let her rip.

im already addicted 65stang. i just had a dream last night i overclocked my chip to 5000+ and i don't even have it in my possession yet!

but i know for a fact i just picked up a new hobby! o/c rules

There are so many guys pumping over 2.0 vcore into there chips and you hardly ever see any posts about them killing CPU's from too much vcore. To be safe go with around 1.8 vcore which should get you 2500 mhz and there is nothing to worry about. If you don't want to raise vcore at all, why bother buying all the nice overclocking components? I have faith you'll be pushing your chip real soon. Finally, I suggest you get the Saphire Radeon 9800 pro for $210 at Newegg. Your new system will be crippled by that 9600, and the 9800 is not much more $$$$. Plus, the Saphire 9800 pro is an excellent overclocking card :)

lol i thought i had to give it a while before the thermal paste sets in before i start messing with the vcore at all. hell if i knew i could o/c like crazy from the getgo, let the games begin!!!

I pushed my 2400+ to 2.7 within about 12 hours of opening the Fedex box... I was at work for 8 of those hours... I pumped the voltage all the way to 2.0... woulda gone higher if that wasn't max on this board.

I find that I replace CPU's so fast that running them at 2.0V for the 3-6 months I have them will probably have no ill effect on the chip. Even then, electromigration is still only a theory and if you keep it cool enough it will retain it's original life span.

hey don't worry about pumping volts in to these chips I had mine @ 2.3V (166*6.5) for a burn in and I currently am pushing 2.06V 24/7 running at 2.730Mhz (182*15 with the memory running on a 5/6 divider 434Mhz) they are tough chips. Disreguard my sig as it seems I am the only person ever to get one of these that will not do at least 200 fsb . However i am working on it, L12 mod here we come.

Back