• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Amd chip spoil?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neop

using abit nf7s 2.0, twinmos ddr400 winbond CH5 chips and verudium psu 450w, and barton2800+

my system would not be prime stable and memtest has thousands of errors

so i changed to another set of ddr400 rams, still error, rma a new board, still error

izzit my barton spoil?

The Coolest said:
I'm sorry, but we should just guess what FSB you're running it at???

(grin) It might be nice to have that information, along with the exact config of the system.

jus normal 200fsb

barton2800+
abit nf7s 2.0, changed 2 times already
twinmos CH5
2 optical drive
1 hdd
maze 4 blk
verudium 450w psu
ati9500

taht's all

i've changed motherboard, psu and ram before but still error in memtest and prime95

neop said:
jus normal 200fsb

barton2800+
abit nf7s 2.0, changed 2 times already
twinmos CH5
2 optical drive
1 hdd
maze 4 blk
verudium 450w psu
ati9500

taht's all

i've changed motherboard, psu and ram before but still error in memtest and prime95

Well, this is a start, but it still doesn't tell us much. What are the settings in BIOS, what are the voltages, RAM timings, etc? 200FSB is not "normal" on a XP-2800+; it's an overclocked setting. What is the clock speed (ie. what is the multiplier)? I don't want to sound harsh, but since you obviously don't know enough to include that info when trying to diagnose a faulty component, maybe you should wait to start overclocking and RMA'ing your gear until you learn more about the pursuit?

tried default

OC: mem cpu ratio always 6/6
cpu interface enabled
10 x 200
voltages tried stock and increasing them
ram 2.8v
cpu 1.8v
vdd 1.7v
timings 8 3 3 2.5 (stock timings)

Try setting you VDD lower. maybe your CPU is a dud, do you have another one to test with?
The timings seem to be relaxed enough.
What are the temps you're getting on the CPU?
Is your chip unlocked? What is the stepping and date code of the chip?

You know, at 1.8v you CPU might be a little toasty, that could be causing errors also. What are your temps like? If you set everuything at stock or below (ie 166MHz FSb, default multi, default voltage), do you still get errors?

You know your volts seem high across the board, what sort of temps to you run (idle/load) on average?

Also you said you tried different RAM but have you tried different plugging the RAM into different slots (1,3 – 2,4 – etc)? If so, did that also lead to errors?

i tried everything u guys jus said, still error
AXDA2800KV4D 9702486270258
AQXEA0325TPEW
i got a dud chip =(

Maybe try water cooling? :(
In below 50C temp, my old PIII733 @ 859Mhz chuck out results faster than when I had 53C temp.

if getting memtest errors run the ch5 at 2.9v - tighten up timings to 11-3-3-2 . try sticks one by one to see if one is bad

40 idle is a bit warm. However, as The Coolest said, the load temps are what really matter. Is that an on-die or an in-socket temp? If memtest86 is erroring ewith evrything at stock (including voltage), then the problem is likely with your RAM, not your CPU.

neop said:
i tried everything u guys jus said, still error
AXDA2800KV4D 9702486270258
AQXEA0325TPEW
i got a dud chip =(

Does this mean that you get errors on stock settings, too (load Optimized Defaults in BIOS, RAM timings by SPD, etc)? You really aren't giving folks much to go on. Three-four word anwers are not enough when you're asking for help.

Why don't you run your stuffs at default/standard speed/voltage and test for error before you do any overclocking?
Standard 2800+ should be running on 166mhz (333fsb) not 200mhz(400fsb).

Back