• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Stability for A7N8X-Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travisc

Registered
I'm not liking my vcore undervolting on my NF7-S... my vcore drops quite a bit under load also... but my PSU rails stay within tolerance, so I'm assuming it's my mobo...

Was wondering if the ASUS is better?

ASUS gives more volts aka if you set it to 1.75 in the bios, then it will run at 1.8. So in that sense ASUS is good.

How bad does the Vcore drop under load? Are you sure its not your psu? How many amps does your psu put out on the +12v?

+3.3V 32A
+5V 40A
+12V 24A
-5V 0.5A
-12V 1.0A
+5VSB 2.0A

OKIA 550W PSU

(Same PSU Omegadrive (ATI Driver guy) uses)

Some people say these are just relabeled CWT PSUs

My last PSU was an OKIA 420W and i must say i was not impressed. The rails were relatively low and flucuated alot. It eventually died on me when i pushed my vcore past 1.70v.

I am very happy with my Fortron FSP530 though.

I'm actually thinking about taking a huge leap to the PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510W PSU... just to make it a little futureproof, and some security... but a hefty cost, last time I checked it was $190...

btw 12iceman, I had a AQXEA "Y" 0328UPFW... and I had about the same results as you're posting... 200x11 @ 1.7, couldn't seem to get it stable at 2.3ghz no matter what I tried... dang it... and it didn't like high fsb either...

just got a 0327, not sure if it's anybetter, but the day after i received this one, i got a m-2400 which rocks... could run 2.6ghz @ 1.9, but temps break 50c which i don't like...

My board does 2.3 GHz easy with a rail mod and completely stock cooling, and almost-generic memory - see below for specs.

I had to add a support rail as the voltage drops very badly under load, I had voltages of 4.68 volts (!) on the 5V rail at one point. The fluctuations has been addressed by the mod (the procedure is detailed in one of the stickies - why is my 5V so low?)

And the A7N8X definitely draws the CPU power from the 5V rail. The boards that draw CPU power from the 12V rail will almost always have a 3-phase regulator, not 2-phase regulator, it's simple dissipation considerations.

Back