• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

alternative to removing program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

These past day I've been reading up on blackviper's and other's windows tweaks and have disabled many services. One of them I probably shouldn't have because now I can't run my Abit hardware monitor (Abiteq). When I click on the icon it gives me a "namespace" error. I tried uninstalling it but it gets stuck at the "removing program" part. I can't repair or modify the install neither because again it gets stuck in the installshield wizard.

So, question is if anyone knows what service this is related to OR how I can uninstall a program without going through the installshield wizard. Could I possibly delete it from the registry myself?

Last edited:
wired14 said:
i'd say delete manually the folder from your C:\ and the shortcut under start programs and then run a registry cleaner program to clean up your registry.

hm...is THAT what registry cleaners do :D. After class I'll give it a try, thanks :)

Well I tried deleting the folder then cleaning registery but that still didn't work. Windows installer service is turned on right now. I even deleted the folders in the registry (under software)

:(

Below is where I get stuck at. I can install/uninstall anything else that does not use the installshield wizzard. I know I turned off something I wasn't suppose to in services. I thought it was windows installer but that's turned on and it still won't work. Anyone have any suggestions?

I did the tweaks from www.tweakhound.com btw

----
Ok, I've decided to enable everything I've disabled. I realized that the printer wasn't working neither.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
You need to Delete the actual unistall files for that programme, could be in the actual uninstall shield folder(which is "hidden" btw). Try looking in your Program Files Folder, and make sure you have it set to display Hidden Files or the folder wont show up...The folders called "Installshield Installation Information", Check the Folders that are in there for the programme you want to uninstall, you'll be able to tell which is the right folder from the files inside. Check Add Remove Programmes when you've deleted the folder and it should be gone...

Reg Cleaners miss a lot of entries so do a manual search of the registry too to make sure you get them all. Anything your unsure of, back up. You can back up single entries as well as the full registry(as you probably already know).

Back