• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7.. hitting the fsb wall around 262fsb...any ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ogerx

(yeah, I already posted this in the abit/intel mobo forums but it seems a bit sloow over there and this post IS about cooling and I DO use watercooling so..coughcough)

The situation: K, so I ordered a gig of buffalo tech pc3700 ram from newegg for $190(had crucial 2700 before) thinking i would be able to o/c higher with it only to find it was the mobo limiting me all along..
have a zchip for the northbridge and maze4 gpu(not that it will help my fsb) waterblocks otw now... SO.. now i'm looking for more stuff to cool/stick heatsinks on.
Teh question: would this be the pll chip? it's running around 60C.
plldunno.JPG

would cooling this, southbridge, and maybe the mosfets(they're 63c+) help at all? or is it new mobo time?..

plan on updating post when NB block comes if it helped or not as well..

Well, yes this isnt at all about watercooling except about watercooling the sb and that chip, wich are probably unnecessary, maybe try some aircooling first.............

Jon

It will post at 3.4+ but after around 263-5fsb it won't boot into windows no matter what voltages... just "feels" like the mobo to me.. but maybe it is the chip and I just wasted another $133+ on cooling.. o well happy b-day me.. I was bored.(ordered pll heatsinks,mosfets,and southbridge)

Back