• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question to those who use Ehiem 1250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

does the top of the pump pump the water out and the side of it suck it in? or is it the other way around?

i say this because i have mine set up so the top of the pump is going straight to the radiator because i thought that it was the side that pumps water out (so i have rad-cpu-nb-t fitting-pump).... i hope to god i didnt set this up wrong....

Sorry it draws from the gray filter tip and comes out the side... don't feel to bad I did the same thing when I first set it up too.

ok since two ppl said diff things, here is a pic of my current setup.... am i running correctly pump-rad-cpu-nb-tfitting-pump ?
inline.jpg

i was cleaning it out at the time i took those pics... right now it is clear... i was using simple green to clean off the tube and the water and it worked great (took a few hours) so now the water is totally clear

Sorry I was thinking the side was the top as you explained it. Thats why I said the filtered part draws in (inlet) so ya you had it right.

yea ur tline shud be the highest point in ur system, to catch air best. atm ur rads gonna catch air mostly which is bad.

ne ways with pumps is generaly obvious which way they pump, as their all usualy pretty fountain pumps.

at the bottom of a pond with a pole going up from the top mount to the surface etc. the side one usualy filters in hence why it has the light grey part thats removeable has a filter in which is like a sponge that holds algy etc. and often stinks when u have to clean it, but also they have a setting that allows them to work when non submerged and sucks thru the pipe inlet.

well the setup works great for me i get awesome temps so i am not too concerned about the t line.... i mean i dont really see how redoing the system would get me more than a 2C decrease... i am already at 38C full load with 1.85v and a cpu at 2400mhz

yeah I was thinking the same thing about the T-Line, the flow is directed straight up and water pressure/gravity sort of directs it back down somehow

T-Line doesn't have to be at the very top of the system, as long as air can get trapped it shoudl be fine

NoKtEm said:
yeah I was thinking the same thing about the T-Line, the flow is directed straight up and water pressure/gravity sort of directs it back down somehow

T-Line doesn't have to be at the very top of the system, as long as air can get trapped it shoudl be fine

Also you force the water to turn 90 when you dont have to. But its not a big hit in performance. So whenever you have time you can change it, your temp is good. How quite is it? I think i should run my fans at 7v

it is very very very quiet system. i have one of those aluminum 80cfm fans attached to a rheostat and i run it at 7v. the most noise comes from the 80mm vidcard fan and the PSU fan. i only put the fan to 12v (which while is a little bit noisy, is still definetly bearable) when using 2.0v or above on the cpu.

Back