• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this reservoir...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like one that comes with one of the asetek water cooling kits. Generally if you are going to use a res i reccomend a 5.25 bay res. Why?

1. so it will be the highest component in the water loop.
if it is on the ground near the cpu it kills the reason why you purchased one because it is not easy to fill and bleed a kit with the res on the ground of the computer case.
2. It takes up less room being in a 5.25 then on the ground of the case becasue that res next to a pump is going to make for a crowded case and not so good airflow.

Plus it just looks cooler!

Keep clocking

can you not fill a system with a submerged pump in a res that rests at the bottom of the case? I thought if the pump was submerged it would have no problem pumping the water throughout the system.

correct me if I'm wrong.

before i had a submerged pump and it filled fine on the bottom of the case, just had to turn it off and on a whole bunch of times...

Back