• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some fsb questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Whats stopping my FSB ?

Hey guys..

Last night I installed Tic Tac's 22A1bk rev2 and it installed fine and ran my current settings in sig with no problems..

So I decided to run memtest when I went out last night.. and to my supprise it ran 230x10 @ 1.8vcore 7-2-2-2 @ 2.9vdimm 1.7vdd (which its never done before TicTac's bios)... for 4 hours with no errors.. I know it should run longer but I figured this was test 5 only and thought Id try it in windows .. Well it booted to windows.. But prime would crash in about 1-2 min's... I tried different vdd 1.4v-1.7v cuz Ive heard some people get good results with different vdd.. But no luck ..errors in mins every time.. So the next thing I tried was lowering the multi to 8 and then 7 to try to eliminate the cpu of being the problem... same thing errors right away..

Does this mean its prolly my chipset not wanting to do 230 ?

Or could it be my cpu ..even at a low multi still not liking the 230 fsb ?

I have also done the L12 mod ..

Thanks for any help
Thunda

Last edited:
I know this sounds odd but u might wanna relax your ram timing a little bit. At that speed 2-2-2 seems a little tight. If that doesn't help u might just be looking at your CPUs limit. 230 is a 40% oc and 40% is fine by me.

I have also done the L12 mod ..

If memtest86 locks up its a chipset issue. Mine does that past 220 if I dont L12 it.

Once it was L12 it became RAM limited @ 245mhz.

I would try taking out the L12 and see where that get you :cool:

josephtischer said:
I know this sounds odd but u might wanna relax your ram timing a little bit. At that speed 2-2-2 seems a little tight. If that doesn't help u might just be looking at your CPUs limit. 230 is a 40% oc and 40% is fine by me.

Yea ...40% is good.. :) Im just always looking to squeeze more out of it..lol.. And Ive never really tried past 220 since I found that was stable.. I tried 11-3-3-2.. and same thing.. The thing that is making me confused is at 11-2-2-2 and 230 it will past like 4 hours of test 5 in memtest... So wouldnt that mean that my ram is stable at those timings and speed ?

Sentential said:
If memtest86 locks up its a chipset issue. Mine does that past 220 if I dont L12 it.

Once it was L12 it became RAM limited @ 245mhz.

I would try taking out the L12 and see where that get you

Like I said above memtest passes 4 hours of test 5.. But prime fails in less than a min. even with a low multi..

Could prime be picking up instablity that memtest wont when looping test # 5 ?

Oh no... take the L12 out..lol I just put it in ;)

Thunda

Frumpco_ said:
THunDA: How did you do that L12 mod I tried but I have not been able to get it can you send me the link that you used please.

This is the one I did .. Linky

Currently im not sure it really helped.. But it did do what it was supposed to do tho.. and hasnt made things worse..lol

edit..

Does everyone use Memtest version 3.1 ?

Last edited:
Does everyone use Memtest version 3.1 ?

Yea Im using the latest version.

If P95 is picking up the error it could be alot of things. Is it possible that you need to do the VDD mod?

Every NF7 is very different, its almost like the things are alive...lol

I wish I could help you but my NF7 doesnt act like that at all. I always get memtest86 errors right as P95 becomes unstable.

Mobile 2500 IQYHA 0407 L12 Mod

^^^^ That may be why :-/. You do realize that the L12 only works for T-breds. Bartons need to pinned to 266, AFAIK.

I would run without it just to be sure. I had a VIA board that acted screwey with the L12.

What cooling do you have??

An overheating SB will cause instability as well. I had to sink mine to get past 220 without problems.

Well my cooling is good..

22c ambient
24c case
31c cpu idle
36c cpu load
25c NB idle
29c NB load

The cpu temp is alot lower then normal.. and im not sure why.. Its been like that since the L12..

SLK947U 68cfm ... Copper iceberg on the NB.. passive sinks on the mosfets and SB..

Think im gona go take out the L12... be back later

SO the Barton 2500 have to be set to 133 FSB in order for that trick to work? cuz I tried the one in the link that THunDA gave me but it would not post? so I am not really sureI am able to get 2.42 on air but it takes lots of volts

Frumpco_ said:
SO the Barton 2500 have to be set to 133 FSB in order for that trick to work? cuz I tried the one in the link that THunDA gave me but it would not post? so I am not really sureI am able to get 2.42 on air but it takes lots of volts

Check this thread out..

I just took mine out .. wana test with the rev2 bios and no L12..

Back