• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4 or 2.8 with water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazyvi3t

Registered
whats the highest you can oc a 2.4 or 2.8 with water cooling, cause i know you can oc with air to about 3.2 or 3.4 with just air so i was wondering how much you can get it to run at with water cooling to see if its worth buying because i dont wanna buy water cooling to get the same results or just a little higher than the air cooling

I think a common myth with water cooling is that you will be able to overclock furhter. I you indeed use a large heater core coupled with a cascade or whitewater block you maybe able to overclcok a little furhter due to being able to throw more vcore at your cpu. But the fans you will need on the heater core will generally need to be moving a lot of cfms so it will create a lot of noise. So when i see people looking to get into water cooling i ask them what are they locking for out of water cooling. A silent computer or to insanely overlclock it. Because you can not get insane overclocks on a silent water cooled computer. You wiill have to sacrafice one for the other. And also more sure if you want to insanley overclock your cpu you get the right water cooling components. Mainly an extremely large heater core(2x120) and top of the line water block, and a pump with large head and moves alot of gph. Good luck

Keep clocking

Back