• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd stick of PC2100 causing continous reboot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimps

I've been upgrading my sisters pc and have found that when I install a second stick of PC2100 into her K7S6A motherboard the pc will go into a continous reboot.
The PC2100 is a generic brand, but both sticks do work if only one is installed in the motherboard at a time. Are there any settings that I could mess with to try and get this second stick of PC2100 working? According to the motherboard manual the board will support up to 1.5GB of PC2100 so I know I'm ok there.

Any ideas?

your motherboard is prolly real old and hasnt used more then 1 stick in so long that its saying what the hell why start now....

Actually the motherboard is only 18 months old so I can't imagine it would be that.
Any other suggestions?

I appreciate the thought, but I really don't think that's it. If I use two 512 sticks it does post and goes to the "Windows loading" screen, then just reboots and repeats the process.

I did use one 512 and one 256mb stick and it actually started into Windows, so that's a good sign but still not the 2x512 I'm aiming to get to.

I'm thinking it's probably just a BIOS setting that needs to be changed in order to get this working correctly. I just want to see what others think before I go messing around too much.

Back