• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

capabilities of OCZ pc3700 gold rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgoFumPapa

i bought a gig of this stuff not too long ago. so far, its great. i was wondering though, what are the tightest timings people have been able to get out of this? so far my best is 2-3-3-5. anything below that wont post. also i was wondering if the vdimm mod would give me any more benefits. i have vdimm at 2.8 right now. its on the p4c800 dlx.

Propilot is right about the voltage protection - no more than 2.9v. And mine's running 2.75v at FSB 245 (DDR490) 2.5-3-3-6-8 PAT enabled with no problems. Haven't found where it tops out yet. CAS 2 won't give you any real benefit over 2.5, save for a few points in benchmarks. Great memory.

right now im only running 5:4 with fsb 240. if i go 1:1 its not stable. i can hit some nice speeds with this and my 3.0c (ive gotten to 3.8 so far) but i have got stablility problems all the time. prime will error after 1-3 minutes. im still playing with many different configs though. btw, so then is the volt block holding back the memory any? my ultimate goal here is to try to push it to ddr500 or so @ 3.75. that would be nice

well, now ive got it at 250fsb with 5:4 ratio and i got it more stable with a 1.7 vcore. i could also do 1:1, but i would need a higher vcore, and i only have stock cooling, so even this is pushing it.

Back