• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unfinished Start up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

PC goes thru all the usuall steps, windows XP boot screen shows up and then windows logon box apears briefly and disapears (usually I input password). PC stops there with just a color background desktop with no taskbar but USB mouse works fine.

Control ALT delete does not respond.

The RAID manager says it is working good.

Any ideas?

Have you made any changes to your computer recently? Hardware/Software? If you have added software, try going to safe mode and removing.

You can also use the install cd to perform a repair.

Thanks for the sugestion ataturk, but thats a negative- No software or hardware added. As a matter of fact, when I go into safe mode same thing happens: boots into a black color screen that says safe mode in corners with working mouse but no menu bar or right click menu available.

Install CD repair has not worked for me in the past: that option produces a BSOD with giverish about PSU damage.

Bill Gates I curse you!

The PC shows up on the network! so as it sits there at least I can see it on my home network. How can do I do a network boot then?

Back