• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Acclerator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

I am looking for something similar to DAP with out all the spyware, and add pop ups.

Must be free too, and support resume.

Stedeman said:
Flash Get is good has some spyware under "cydoor" ;)

Ill check that out, I would really prefer spyware free. If any ones knows of anything.

Star Downloader works for me, the only thing you get even resembling an ad is an occasional dialog saying theres a new version of the pro version.

If you can locate Download Accelerator v.3.5 that doesn't have the adware feature, just straight DL acceleration.

i use DAP and it doesn't have spyware, just adware. I don't find the ads to annoying, they are in there own windows. I think it might do popups but im not sure if its dap or aim.

Also, I have yet to find a download accelerator as full featured as DAP, and for free

I use DAP extensivly Fishy I've not found anything that seemed attached to it with Adaware. Yeah there are ads but they show up in thier own little banner section on the main app. 90% of the time it's minimised in the system tray so it's never been a bother.

"Get Right" is the best download manager by far imo(and in all the reviews), you wont get any better than that, the options and the User Interface are superb. You can get an Unlimited Free Trial Download. It has a couple of features disabled that i or you'd probably never even use anyway. I've had it on my system since Christmas. After about a month you get reminders asking you whether you want to buy it or continue using the free trial version, i guess thats the only downside to the free version, but to be honest that dont bother me at all. Theres no spyware and no adverts.

Last edited:
Back