• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Search

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Is there a way to make the seach function in windows XP like 2000.

I hate that dumb dog, and all those options. I want to just have a spot to type in what I am looking for, and be able to search.

I know how to do a search, I don't need all those lame features like 'search for video'

if you have tweak UI for xp, under the explorer tab at the bottom check the "Use Classic Search in Explorer" and that fixes it.

I just installed Tweak UI, and in the explorer sub menu the only options that I have are:

Manipulate connected files as a unit
Prefix "Shortcut to" on new shortcuts
Save Explorer Window Settings

I don't see the option you are talking about.

But searching for video is fun! :D

It's in TweakUI, I just don't know where. Look through all the submenus and such. I changed mine with it, so keep looking :)

JigPu

Which version of Tweak UI are you using? If you are running the 1.33 it will not work. You need to have the Power Toys for Windows Xp for that to work correctly. If you do have the latest one and it's not there email me and i can send you the version that does have it.

I just downloaded the latest version of power toys, and I still cannot find it.

Please help me. Im either blind, or dumb, or a comboniation.

You can at least get rid of the dog by entering Change Preferences and clicking the screen character tab. You can also get closer to the older search by clicking Change files and folders search and selecting Advanced.

Ok I downloaded the newest version of Powertoys, on the left hand side where all the option trees are, click on the explorer tree. In the settings dialog box scroll down to the bottom and there should be a checkbox that says "Use Classic Search in Explorer". Here is a link to a screenshot of what i'm talking about . Hopefully this will work this time.

Just got the difference, under the old TweakUI you set options out of the control panel. Just DL'ed and set up the new, and the prog is in the Power Toys option from the Start menu.

Suicide Al said:
Ok I downloaded the newest version of Powertoys, on the left hand side where all the option trees are, click on the explorer tree. In the settings dialog box scroll down to the bottom and there should be a checkbox that says "Use Classic Search in Explorer". Here is a link to a screenshot of what i'm talking about . Hopefully this will work this time.

Perfect. Thanks so much. Sorry to be such a bother.

Back