• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSi 745 Ultra + 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maraxion

Registered
i need help with my MSI mainboard. iv got the 333Mhz 2600+, and its unlocked. But stil I cant use the Multiplier 14 and 15 on my board. I can only use the 12,5/13x. Hope somone can help me to use the 14 and 15!!!

Yes I know this, but many people uses this board on 166mhz, and upwards to 200Mhz. I just wondered How I coud get there?
The max I get is like i say 165 now, but there must be somthing I coud change in bios? ram settings or somthing.
Also How Do I use the higher Multiplier settings like 14/15 with my unlocked CPU?

how can they be using 166 or 200 fsb on a board has only up to 165 in the bios

msi boards that are unlocking a cpu only offer up to 12.5 as a multiplier as a rule

it is possible to sett the FSB to 166 and beyond, but you have to keep the Northbridge cold. But the way to get it to boot is my problem!

yeash. Im tying to get an answar here, not an argument. i know people that use the board at 166mhz and above. You can even find info about it on this forum! I onlt want help to know how, not an argument!
Also my CPU are made before they startet locking them. Why can i get beyond 12.5?

for unlocked CPU's, only multipliers up to 12.5 are available. You can still change it to a higher multiplier with a couple of wire tricks.

for multipliers below 12.5, they are refered to as low multipliers.

anything higher is refered to as a high multiplier.

don't know why, but that is what I have seen.

Wire tricks?

How do you do these wiretricks, do you have a link maybe?

i use

wire from 18 gauge stranded wire. cut the insulaiton and cut out a single wire from the strand

tie a loop in the wire.

i use 2 needle nose pliers to hold the ends of the wire.

get the loop down to slight bigger than need to capture the two pins you are hooking

then I use a thin piece of stiff plastic to push the loop down so it is at the bottom of the pins, and laying flat with the cpu packaging.

then either have a buddy keep the loop down on the cpu, or leave one plier on the table and pull with one plier will keep the loop down with the plastic.

once the loop is tight on the pins, i get a razor blade to cut excess wire.

place the razor as close to the loop as possible, but not so it cuts the loop. put a LIGHT amount of pressure on the razor, then lift the excess wire up and down, and let the razor slowly cut the wire. DO NOT push hard on the razor, use it like a saw, or wiggle it. keep the razor stationary and only move the wire. eventually the wire will come off. Do this for both sides

then with a thin dull pin, tuck the remaining lenght of the wire around the pins as to not short cirucit any other pins.

it takes some time to do, but it is possible. once you get the hang of getting the loop on the pins, and getting it tight enough to stay it will be easy from then on.

Tools required:

2x needle nose pliers, with serated edges to grip the thin wire
1x thin piece of sturdy plastic
1x thin razor
1x thin but stong needle
some lenght of stranded wire
wire stipper
plenty of light to see what you are doing
and a steady hand.

Ah i see, so to get freed the multiplier, I need to shorcut the pins on the CPU?
But if I do that aafter the ocinside guide, both for hte multi and the Volt. Wil it be locked on those setting and autodetect, or wil I be ablo to adjust in bios afterwards?

Last edited:
did you click on the link i gave you

200 fsb eh

with a 1/4 divider so your pci bus would be at 50 and agp card at 100

i dont think so

i read that links as i told you above

dont seem he has a stable rig at all

mind you his agp and pci slots are also well oveclocked so im not surprised at all

Iv took another peak around the forum, and found out that the board has a 1:5 PCI divider. And it shoud be able to go over 165Mhz. Its right that its not 100% stable, unless you get cooling on the Northbridge, and that the agp\pci are wel overclocked. Thats why I cant to get that ekstra from 165 to 166 so They wount be!

the board does not have a 1/5 divider

so i dont know were your getting that from

it has the option in the bios to set the fsb/ddr ratio

to 4/5 in order to run ddr333 but as far as the cpu goes its a 1/4 divider allways was and cannot alter that

Thats quite ok, Im curently on 166*12,5 now.
I found out that the newer bios versions has locked 166 and beyond out. So insted of getting an older bios I just turned to Fuzzy logic 4 for msi. Its ok, cause then the cpu doessent get clocked before it reaches Windows, and the bios cant stop it. Im also going at max ram speed 2,5,3,3.
The windows\other programs still show xp2000, but test programs show a xp 2000 at 2070Mhz, so It shoud be ok, I can also go beyond 166Mhz, but first i need a fan on my northbridge, It flattened out on 169Mhz with no colling.

Back