• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 Audio...only 2 channels?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istari1

I am having the weirdest problem with my new NF7-S board. I cant get the onboard sound to give me anything but the front channels and the sub. The left and right rear channels never come on. I've tried it with Winamp, media player, video games. I selected 6 speaker in the soundstorm control panel..but nothing seems to work. Anyone ahd this problem or know a way around it? Thanks.

W/ my speaker setup I had to plug the rear channel into the orange connector... then it worked. So try that.

Also, do you have 5.1 sound (5 speakers and a sub), or 4.1 (no center speaker)?

Yeah, for some reason the colors on the audio connectors are reversed. Orange = black and black = orange. Try swapping those two around. If that doesn't work, use speaker setup in the Soundstorm panel and plug your other speakers into the Mic and Line In inputs.

DAmn man thanks for that link. Just got them all working mucho better!!! Thought I was gonna have to fgure out how all those things fit back in the box:) Thanks again.!

Back