• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on a Swiftech 8501 Series kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikaida2003

Registered
Noob question on a Swiftech 8501 Series kit

I installed the swiftech kit with two rads, cpu block, chipset block, and video block. Everything is installed correctly I think. The only problem I had with the kit was the fill and bleed kit. The fill and bleed kit I have does not match the one in the manual or the installation guide on their site. So I can't tell if the main valve is open or close. Anyways, when I start my computer I went straight to the bios and started to OC. I started to get temps at 60 degrees Celcius, I enabled the shutdown temp in my bios for 70C and guess what it hit 70C and it shutdown. Immediately I felt the cpu waterblock and it was screaming hot but both of my rads weren't even warm. Is this right? My radiators should at least be a little warm if my cpu is hitting 70C? Any tips!

Last edited:
Can you get some pictures particularly of the valve?
Typically valve knob is aligned with opening in the valve body:
==|== is closed(opening does not match the flow)
==---== is open(opening matches the flow)
Can you make sure there is flow in the system?

How do i know if there is flow in the system? Here is a pic of my fill and bleed kit

Attachments

• fill and bleed kit.jpg
    fill and bleed kit.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 107
Well you can watch the bubbles swim by if there are some.
I guess that in the picture both blue valves are open and the grey one is closed.
So if you were to attach tubing to the grey side, fill the system and then put the tubing into some (large)reservoir with water and turn the pump on, you see water being sucked out from one side and emerging from the other.
Thus you'd know if your pump is good.

Well my circuit is closed at the moment, but i see a lot of bubbles in my circuit. Should I bleed the system again? If my main valve is closed and the pump is running will that ruin the pump

It won't do it any good, but it won't ruin it either.
Generally you'd want to bleed the system until all the bubbles are gone.
What i meant by watching the bubbles is which way are they going in the loop?

When I was filling my system the bubbles were traveling from the inlet - cpu - chipset - video - rads - outlet. Is that correct?

inlet of the fill and bleed kit and the outlet of the fill and bleed kit. I think my h20 might be flowing in the wrong direction

Open the main valve,close fill/bleed valves and make sure that bubbles are circulate around the whole loop.
This way you know you have flow.
Then close the main valve, and fill and bleed the system until you have no more bubbles(might want to make sure no bubbles are coming in through the inlet).
Make sure everything is sitted properly, especially the blocks.

Could you tell me where the outlet and the inlet is on this pump in the pic? There is no diagram on the pump or the manual.

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 99
Damn!!!! Are you positive about that? Cause I got my sh** hooked up the wrong way. Damn!!! The manual I have sucks. Will this ruin the pump I have it hooked up the wrong way.

hook up the hoses you use for fill and bleed, close the main valve, open the other two. blow really hard into the inlet. get another breath. blow really hard again. repeat again. again. you might want a bucket for that coolant yo, and please don't do any of this with the pump/system on. Good job BillA, i was pretty sure my mcp600 rev1 came with a nifty diagram.

KiKaiDa, no offend but man you SHOULD read the manual. NOT just scan thro it. READ every single words. It does tell you how to draing the system or fill the system. It has a good instruction on the installation (better than any kits i've seen).

The cool thing about fill&bleed is that you dont have to take anything apart. After the you drain the system you can take pump out, then unscrew the "black" part to "rotate" it fit what you have and screw it back on. That means you wont have to change the pump position.

Good luck

Finally got my system going. Currently running @ 3215MHZ @ 42C
Not bad, think I can take it up a notch but i think my ram is holding me back. I don't know why cause it's OCZ ram. I had to drop the frequency on my ram from 400mhz to 320mhz cause it was getting to unstable. According to cpu-z my current memory configuration is 5:4 2-4-4-7 How can I improve my memory settings so I can get this baby cranking?

Back