• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another stupid n00b question from me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomTa2

But I am trying to learn as much as possible about this....
I got my FSB set to 200, I know it will go higher, and the CPU temp is running at approx 41-43 degrees.......when I tried to use the multiplyer 200x12 it wouldn't even go to POST.....any ideas on why this is? Is it locked?

Most likely it's becuase your CPU couldn't handle it. Like necromanx13x suggested, try raising the vcore if your cooling and power supply allows for it.

I got it to run at 2300

well, whoopdechuffin'doo, lol
it's a 3200 XP, got the voltage at 1.775 at the mo. If I try to go any higher it just keeps restarting after POST and before it gets to the login screen.
I really gotta start asking questions before I buy this stuff:rolleyes:

Well, poo

Anything over 2.31Ghz and it just doesn't want to know.....I guess I just need a better CPU and cooling

Whats the temp when you boot at those speeds? Also try raising the chipset voltage and ram voltage depending on what ram you have.

Why dont you just give us a list of all ur important components ie CPU, ram, psu and what youre currently running at

Specs

necromanx13x said:
Why dont you just give us a list of all ur important components ie CPU, ram, psu and what youre currently running at

Well, here's a list of everything I can think of

Abit NF7-S v2.0
AMD 3200+ XP Barton
2x 512 Corsair Value select *shudder*
Geforce 5600 FX 128mb
Enermax 350W PSU
Termaltake Xaser III case w/ 7 fans standard
Aero 7+ CPU Cooling
When I booted at the speed it didn't get to POST at, it was at about 43 degrees
Hopefully this information will help :)

Also, is the Thermaltake subzero4g t.e.c. amd xp 3400+ cooler any good?
I'm trying to find the 'best' cooling for my cpu

Last edited:
Nooo, definitely dont get the subzero. The best air cooling you can get right now is a thermalright sp-97 with a tornado fan. Does it boot fine at 11.5 or 11 and just not 12?

not at 12

necromanx13x said:
Nooo, definitely dont get the subzero. The best air cooling you can get right now is a thermalright sp-97 with a tornado fan. Does it boot fine at 11.5 or 11 and just not 12?

Pretty much, yeah

I did try a bit.....

necromanx13x said:
Thats pretty weird, did you try raising your core voltage a bunch more?

A little bit, but as I'm new to this kind of thing, I didn't want to overdo it and fry my system

Back