• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good deal on hyperx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stunna79

I finally got sick and tired and of searching for a good deal on mushkin lvl2 (so expensive!!)and decided to buy a stick of kingston hyperx pc3000 from ewiz.com. I just wanna be able to have 2-2-2-x cas2 timings and at least 200fsb on an amd barton 2500+ with an nf-7 board. Has anyone bought there ram from ewiz and is it bh5(probably not)?? also, is this a good deal?

click here for website

OMG! How did you find out that Kingston was selling it for so cheap? I was just ready to buy some for $60 a 256mb stick too. Well I'm going to take the plunge and order 2x256 and we'll see if I can screwed :p Is there any difference between ordering a matched pair vs ordering just two separate sticks?

There is really no difference in buying the Dual Packs and buying the two seperate modules. The Dual packs are supposidely tested together to ensure capatibility, but I doubt that every single RAM maker tests every single Dual Pack.

As for ordering from Kingston direct, I wouldnt really recommend it. Not because of customer service or anything like that, but only because of the fact that KHX3000 direct from Kingston has a good chance of being equipped with CH5 modules instead of BH5. I would say that the best place to get KHX3000 with BH5 chips would be from Zipzoomfly, or even Newegg.

Back