• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I overclock a mobile 2600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpyfx

I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to overclocking, so before I fry this chip I figured I could get help from the people who know.
What do I do first? The shuttle an35n ultra comes up as unknown cpu. I upped the muliplier to 15 and it reads as 2000 mhz which I believe is correct. What is the correct muliplier and where do I start for a fsb?
I would really appreciate it if someone could walk me thru it.
My memory is cheap pc2100, and the video is a gainward ti4200.
The stepping is IQYHA0401UPMW. Is it a good one?
Thanks in advance.

The default FSB for te Mobile 2600+ is 133 (266)MHz, while the default multiplier is 14x or 14.5x (I don't remember exactly off the top of my head). If you want a nice walkthrough to overclcoking, check out this guide (although it's a little out of date):
http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=376

It looks like you have a nice CPU. It's a mobile, so it's unlocked and should run relatively cool and oc fairly well.

just keep upping the multi until prime95 torture test errors and shows it is unstable, then go up the vcore, and retest until you get a nice balance you like between the multi and vcore. Like for example you may like a 16 multi but may not like 1.9vcore, so lower the vcore to your desired setting and find the highest multi that matches the vcore for stability.

btw, Welcome to the Mobile world :)

Id highly suggest a new mobo and new ram. Id recommend the Abit nf7-2 2.0 or the asus a7n8x dlx 2.0. Then id get some nice pc3200 or pc3500 ram. Something that runs CAS2 or LL (Low Latency) that'll get you cookin

if you have 100 posts, theres a new asus a7n8x dlx rev 2.0 in the mobo classifieds section on here for i think it was $69 shipped

u will take some damage in performance with that RAM, at 133 it'll get smoke by the 200 mhz PC 3200 RAM. If u are really tight on budget right now, stick with everything u have and start cranking up the multiplier and votate. i'm suspecting that if u stay the same u can do 133 X 18 ~ 2.4 Ghz, pretty good, but u'll get smoke by another mobil that has the same speed but higher FSB.

Back