• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to attach a PVC res?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, I wanna attach a PVC res without it looking too ghetto.

I know, that's kinda contradictory, but I can make the res look good, jus tnot sure about mounting it.

Do it just like Voodoo said. Use a plastic threaded coupler(nipple). You can get it at home depot or most hardware stores. That way you can use a 3/4"ID tube to the inlet of your pump from the res.

res.jpg

There's more elegant solutions but the pvc res is cheap and easy.

I've got a single screw just above water level (just above top gaping fan-hole, just under the PSU). Between that and the hoses, it's securely in place...

side.jpg

back.jpg

Voodoo that's the one.

I might try the screw way up at the top, then seal it with some goop.

Occasionally, I fill my res up to the top for temp measuring and my screw doesn't leak, although I wouldn't keep my levels that high (no reason to). I have a large set of taps/dies and I tapped the hole for the screw, so it fits perfectly. I used a short piece of 3/8" diameter pipe, approx 3/8" long to use as a standoff so I can pop the top cap off. It's suprisingly solid for only having one mounting screw.

Back