• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA BIOS 4247 vs. SATA BIOS 4227

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anybody? I plan on connecting my WD1200JBRTL with the serialle adaptor from abit and I just want to makes sure it'll work. So any feedback would be great.

Nothing really. The 4247 has been plagued with numerous problems with different hard drive models. I'm not 100% sure, but I think WD brands had trouble with it. A few people gained a bit in performance over the 4227, but nothing significant. Unless you have a particular reason too, you may as well stick with the 4227. Pretty much all modded bioses for the NF7-S have 4227 and 4247 versions (I know both Equito and Tictac provide both). I currently use the 4227, as the 4247 gave me some strange windows errors....

Yup like Tyson said the 4227 is the safer route to go.. Some have experienced problems with the 4247 ..but actually more had problems with the 4243.. For my setup they all work tho..

iLLestOne said:
Sorry for bringing up a old thread, but how can u tell what version you are currently using?

on bootup, it says when it scans for your sata drives right after the main post screen is showed.

Update: Both versions seem to be trouble free. However do not upgrade to 4247 if you already have an array with the 4227.

fldrice said:
Update: Both versions seem to be trouble free. However do not upgrade to 4247 if you already have an array with the 4227.

Well my array is w/ 4212 (i believe), so would it hurt to upgrade to 4247? I found someone else on another forum who has the same setup as me, and is on 4247, but I'm not sure what he had before.....

Also, if I upgrade to 4247, can I go back to 4212? Cause if the bios doesn't work well then I wanna go back to bios20....

I was just about to flash too, and now ya got me scared again! lol

All BIOS files come come with a SATA BIOS file. For example D23 Subzero 4227 means that it is a D23 BIOS varient with 4227 SATA BIOS. Same thing applies to D23 Subzero 4247. I don't really know why you would want to revert back to previous SATA BIOS versions because the older versions generally result in SATA corruption if setup is OC'ed. The SATA courruption that results from 4227-> 4247 applies only to users with RAID arrays. If you are using just SATA then there should be no issues with SATA BIOS changes.

I'm also using raid...that is what has got me so scared....I've heard, like you said, going from 4227 -> 4247 is not a good idea...

I'm on using 4112 right now, and I haven't heard much about it.....I've been searching many forums for the last couple days and haven't found much.....

I guess if it aint broke, don't fix it.....

Yea, I dl'ed that one, but haven't installed it yet....

From what I hear it's the one of the best ones out there...school's kept me busy so I haven't had time to flash, benchmark, benchmark....

Do you have raid by any chance? And if so, did u make the array NOT using the 4250's?

I'm just looking for like 225x11.5...my ram can do it (at least in memtest), I just don't think my board can w/ my current bios.....

Back