• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hydr0 Styles

On average, what is the temp increase you guys see in summer?

We've got near summer weather here right now, it was 90F today.

I have never really been able to properly track the changes: every year I either have to change the way I get air TO the various computers or change the oc and voltage to maintain stable systems- I run stable but pretty close to maxed out 24/7.

This year will probably be no different. ;)

What I can say is that I don't think I've ever lost more than a few hundred mhz and .5 volts vcore or so to maintain stable systems and temps.

Edit-
I had to fix a tag anyway, so instead of posting again...
Sandman has it right- look for just about the same change as ambient temps change around your pc. Cooling systems vary in efficiency at different temp. ranges so some will fare better than others, but ambient temp is still the ruling factor.

Last edited:
Hmm, my block temps in summer get as high as 45C (who knows how hot the die gets :eek: ). In winter I can get as low as 20C block temps.:cool:

Soja said:
I'm seeing up to 7c higher load temps due to the recent heatwave of 90F+ :(

I know how you feel.

My idle used to be 31, and my load never saw 40.

Now I idle at 35, and my load is about 45-47C

:(

Back