• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I sound proofed my case. It helped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
I soundproofed my case with Dynamat and I have some sound deadening foam to put in the bottom and top of the case. The only thing I hear from my case after the work was done is the two 172mm fans that are on the top of the case. I don't hear my hard drives any more. Also my case temp hasn't changed at all. I was thinking it would go up at least 1 or 2 degrees. Dynamat really worked for me. I used 6 sq ft in soundproofing my case. Here are the pictures.

Case.jpg

This is what you get in a kit.
What%20you%20get.jpg

Back%20side%20done.jpg

Door%20done.jpg

Inside%20done.jpg

very nice job, case looks clean.
OOOO PSU at the bottom, why didn't i think of that?! Doh!
very nice setup for a huge radiator dude.

If you know how to safely handle it, lead sheet is a highly effective sound deadening material. And allot cheaper that Dynamat.

But Dynamat is nice and shinny. :)

I just finished spraying the inside of my case with this rubberised coating that is meant for the underside of cars. It really helped to kill the noise and my case temps havnt gone up at all.

The best part is, I painted my case inside before all black but it was scratching off. This rubber coating sticks really well and I like the textured look it leaves on the inside.

Anyway really clean looking case man :D .

Giblet Plus! said:
What heatercore are you running? And what pump is that?

Danner 9.5 pump. I make that bracket to hold it to the case and painted it to match my case.
That heater core is 11"x6 1/2"x2 1/2" LxWxT I don't know the part number but was the right size for the job.

Even with the PSU in the bottom of the case my case temp stays around 19C-23C Under full load it doesn't get over 25C. I have YS tech 172x150x38mm fans. There 185CFM at 41dba, they cost around $40.00 each. I have the YS tech 265CFM 172x150x38mm fans coming up for sale in two weeks. I'm going to want 25 each

I'm doing research here at Iowa State University on waterblock cooling. First part of this research is to take the top 10 blocks out there and test them on a die. Second part I have to build a case that will be below 35dBa and be water-cooled. In the case where going to use the blocks we made here at Iowa State University. The collage gave us machine time and run of the labs, but everything else was donated or bought by me. The case and pump was donated and everything in it is mine. I just have a cheap Al heat sink on it until I get the block testing done. Gave me a month or two and I'll have the webpage done with all the testing results.

extremecorvette said:

Danner 9.5 pump. I make that bracket to hold it to the case and painted it to match my case.
That heater core is 11"x6 1/2"x2 1/2" LxWxT I don't know the part number but was the right size for the job.

Seems like a Mag 9.5 might be just a smidgeon overkill, but you'll have to see for yourself. ;)

I really like how that heatercore matches up to the 172mm fans. Good stuff. :)

If you have a DVD burner I would keep an eye on its temperature while burning. It looks like you blocked most of the airflow to the drive area.

Back