• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This doesn't look right...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knight488

Hello,
I recently bought a Chaintech 7KJD+Duron 1.4ghz combo, and was wanting to find out how to unlock my duron. I looked at the diagrams on the sticky about "Bridge guide for Athlons and Durons" and mine looks nothing like this. Same for other guides I've seen on the web. Unfortunetly I don't have a way to put a pic up yet, but to give an idea, the L1 has 10 contacts instead of 8. Then L1, L12, L5, and L3 are all crammed in the upper left hand cornor of the chip. Also the spacing between these threw me off. What appeared to be the L1 contacts were about | | appart, then right under the bottom row was more contacts about this far from the L1's ||. So even if I need to only connect the L1 contacts, I'm not sure which ones to hook up due to where they printed "L1". It kinda resembles like so:

..... L1
''''''

Any help or links on how to unlock this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

are u sure u can unlock those durons? i believe that there's a mix of duron at the 1.4 range, they have Tbird mix with Tbred A and B core, check it again, and also after week 39 u can't unlock the extra cache. i wouldn't bother, it's only a little gain from the cache and u clock a little less after it's been expose, n also on some chips after u unlock the cache it wouldn't function properly.

Actualy I'm not sure if it even can be or not. From the things I read, I assumed any AMD could be unlocked. Is there a way I can check to see if it's unlockable?

"Bridge guide for Athlons and Durons" and mine looks nothing like this.

That is because you probably have an Applebred. Applebreds are nativly unlocked, if its an old one. Otherwise it falls under the catagory of a "super-locked" Tbred.

Long story short. It is either unlocked or permenatly locked.

Back