• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sometimes programs cannot be shut down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enemy Down!

for example;

i close a program by pressing the x tab and the program dissapears (me thinking that i closed it) but it is still running as a process under task manager. i have to go into the processes tab uner task manager and end it manually. this is on my laptop with win xp pro.....strange.

some programs that i use often that have this problem are; msn, a rendering program, and windows media player.

when this occurs, i cannot re-open the affected program unless i shut it down through task manager.

wow i was about to say bad programming bec/ when i had my first ver of my program it did that too but you got WMP and other programs heh it seems that your windows is misinterperting your X I'm saying that explorer or whatever might be corrupted

try File--> Exit or Alt+F4 or ctrl+q so what works for you if non System restore may be needed eeeeeeeeeeeh

Some apps (like Outlook Express) do it quite legitimately - when you close it, it continues to hang around and wait till you launch Windows Messenger (they're integrated, you know).

Back