• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 1.8 result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

stable at 2240 mhz, @ 1.73 V
166 X 13.5
Cheapo ECS K7VTA mobo
best thing is that i bought the mobo and the CPU for 40 bucks.

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 216
thanks, staying on this board give me the OC disease :) hehe got to OC everything keke

interesting more overclocking"strokes chin in a thinking manner"ill try for that speed in a little bit with my 1.6duron that would be great maybe ill be cured.

theguywiththeha said:
interesting more overclocking"strokes chin in a thinking manner"ill try for that speed in a little bit with my 1.6duron that would be great maybe ill be cured.

You’ll never be cured until you O\C your toaster! Come on do it! O\C that toaster! You know you want to!

hehe, i'm only at 41 idle, my heatsink is just slightly better than urs. that aero lite 7 look massive though :)

lol...i just tested stability and the hotest it got was 48c under stress test if i used a thermal pad it shaves off like 7c-10c kinda weird i dont know where i can get one frys didnt have them the stock one on the heatsink was good imuseing cheap white paste a 600mhz overclock should be good enough but i want more should i be afraid?

yep, i used to own an aero lite 7, i know the pad on there sux. try artic silver 5 or 3, fry carries them, right next to the fans section. u'll be like 3 C less, not 10, there's no way u can get 10 C lower from Thermal pad or paste.

im not lieing well it was on a diff mb and cpu the motherboard was a k7ama overvolting a duron 1.1 at 1.825 and when i changed it from pad to paste it went from 52c to 60-62 thats when i got scared took it apart and putting that damn heatsink i chiped the die this wass like a month ago i dont use the bored i cant change the vcore its not jumpers either it overvolts any cpu to 1.825 but that was a big diff from the white crappy paste i use because im poor...lol

i just bought a combo similiar to this as i figured if i kill it im not out a ton of cash, gonna have to see if i can push it as far as you, that would be great

hmmm.... i've always thought ECS mobos were one of the worst mobos. Is that oc stable?

You rarely see oced durons. I won't get a duron (ever) but i'd love to see more oced ones around here (you get a lot of oced celerons so why not more durons?).

turned out it wasn't stable at 1.73V, i had to up it to 1.75V to get it stable in prime 95, temp also risen, 42C idle, and 49 on prime for 6 hours so far. that's the price i have to pay for an unlock chip, the chip with earlier week doesn't OC as well as the later week, too bad the later ones are locked. but i'm happy with this, temp is a little high, but my speed is also kindda high. I'm gonna try and get an intel celeron some day, they seems to OC alot too. but they are a little bit more expensive. durons are not bad for application where clock is needed, they are no good for games :)

they are great for games and for poor ppl who want to play games like me

i play halo,counterstrike,red faction,gta 3,gta vd,nfs underground,moh alied assult,and may more games at 1024x768 and higher i play at 1024x768 on online games because i have to read but i play all my games perfectly

Last edited:
glad to know :), i'll be doing some mild gaming myself, not much of a PC gamer though, more of a console gamer.

i really dont think your temps are high though because i used to have a athlon1.2 that ram over 50 and when i got it at 47 i was happiest and that was with no overclock and the same heatsink im useing now so i dont think you would have to worry about your temp that much unless you want to beat someone by haveing a lower temp....lol

Back