• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory speed too high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

550M

I just installed a new 2500+ processor, so i increased the fsb to 333mhz. i set the memory frequency at 266, but when the computer starts it lists the dram frequency at 333. This is keeping some of the modules from working. what can i do to get it to work right?

i'm stilll not sure of how to set up bios. i did set the memory speed to 266 and fsb to 333 and still the the 333 dram. i can run memory that's slower than the fsb right? i guess i just confused about the bios settings being driffernt than what i actually get right now i'm getting everything to work fine by setting the fsb at 266 which allows all my memory to work fine but really underclocks the cpu

With via chipsets (and maybe others) when you run the FSB at 333 or higher, the ram is forced to run in sync with the FSB. That is my expierence with via chipsets.

Back