• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron [email protected] at 3200+ performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theguywiththeha

could this be real a 30dollar chip with the performance of a 200chip

untitled1.jpg

untitled.jpg

hmm maybe with the 3200+ you could get like 4600+:D....lol

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, if you do a real world benchmark between the two processors, like running UT2k3/4 you will definatly see a difference.

where do i get that?

its funny right now i just ran 3dmark2k1 and i have a exstension on my mouse cable it came unpluged i thought my comp crashed...lol

UT2k3/4 is Unreal Tournament 2003 or 2004, these are PC games. The full UT2k4 is supposed to hit store sheleves this monday, for now we only got the demo. UT2k3 was one of the most popular games in the last year

yep, the extra cache will be the difference. unless u can hit 2.5 ghz then u can even it out :). but raw clock speed like that means that when it converts media, it'll be just as fast as an XP3200 because converting media require just raw speed, no cache needed.

hey guys i think his point is wow look at the performance for the dollar he spent. and this is exactly why i got 2 duron myself. there is nothing on the planet that has a better bang for the buck.

ya those durons are a very good bang for the buck, i build my sister a 1.3Ghz duron system before, it wasnt a rocking gaming system but it was pertty fast. and it got rid of her 1.1Ghz cel. she was renting from rent a center at $50 a week

that was my point the biggest bang for your buck and im going to try 2.5 when i get a nforce 2 board and and ddr400 at least :D

i need a better heatsink any recomended ones? mines is a coolermaster aero 7 lite i cant get water cooling because if i get that why didnt i just buy a faster chip in the first place..lol

yep, the extra cache will be the difference. unless u can hit 2.5 ghz then u can even it out . but raw clock speed like that means that when it converts media, it'll be just as fast as an XP3200 because converting media require just raw speed, no cache needed

and i do convert media video capturing and covert to dvd compatible format

and i used to use celey 1.4tualatin and 512mbspc100 for that job oh that was a bad exsperiance:S 10-12hours for a 1hours 20min of video :S

Last edited:
morgan or spitfire core? i think the spitfire you can do the pencil trick to unlock i realy dont know about the morgan i think that one was a little more hard

Back