• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Temp for a 3200 Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomTa2

It's currently running at 2.35ghz, I'd like to try it faster, but I'm not sure of the temperature......I've searched and all I get is that AMD claim it will go to 90 degrees...........well, **** that!!!
I get twitchy if it goes over 45, and running at 2.35 it goes to just under 50 when I'm running Need for Speed Underground.
What's a 'good' temp for it to be running at?

on load (aka need for speed) I wouldnt go over 60C.

but remember in summer room temps increase so cpu temps increase too.

your current temp is fine. funny though cause my pc runs that hot on load with all fans pushing no air! (low noise).

what heatsink are you using and what fans have u got in your case and what case? maybe you can improve your temps a lot.
and what thermalpaste :)

Ran out of thermal paste and can't remember

germanjulian said:
on load (aka need for speed) I wouldnt go over 60C.

but remember in summer room temps increase so cpu temps increase too.

your current temp is fine. funny though cause my pc runs that hot on load with all fans pushing no air! (low noise).

what heatsink are you using and what fans have u got in your case and what case? maybe you can improve your temps a lot.
and what thermalpaste :)

Pretty sure it was just generic paste, though :(
Runing an aero 7+ cpu cooler (for the moment) in a Thermaltake Xaser III case w/ 7 fans.
Can't find a decent UK retailer that sells any decent cooling stuff :cry:

Last edited:
I'm gonna do the smart thing

I'll leave it running at the normal speeds for a while, until next month at least, in the meantime I'm gonna read up as much as I can from here, getting tips and stuff, then I won't need to bother people with stupid questions.
Now all I need is patience............:-/ :eh?: :rolleyes:
And to dribble over the OC'd systems already being boasted about on here :drool: lol

Re: Allegedly

PhantomTa2 said:

According to the Thermalright website it won't fit on an NF7-S v2.0

mine fits fine, and in my overture case, the fins graze the hd cage.

Re: Re: Allegedly

bwanaaa said:

mine fits fine, and in my overture case, the fins graze the hd cage.

Hmmm, well in that case, if I can't find a better cooler, (I want the CPU as low as possible without water cooling or something that can severely damage my entire system), then I'll get that one, as it seems to be highly recommended by you good folks here. :D

Back