• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HowTo Get below 1.5Ghz, with KT7-Raid & XP2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donati

Registered
Hi
I want to underclock my XP2400+, so that i can use passive cooling.
But i dont know how i can get it below 1.5Ghz.
Can i use an older Bios to enable lower settings? or other solutions?

Right now i have it at 1.575Ghz & 1.250 volt, and its still getting too hot.

I highly doubt you could run an XP passivly cooled, but I'm gonna answer your Q anyway. it won't hurt to give it a shot I guess:
You will need to either do a wire trick, or connect a bridge on your CPU, one of the two must be done to get multipliers from x5 to x12.5.
For a wire trick, get a speaker wire, and pull one and single strand out of it, and make it into a U shape and insert into the corresponding pin holes in the motherboard's socket.
Check out the first pic on this page to see where to put the wire.

The Coolest said:

For a wire trick, get a speaker wire, and pull one and single strand out of it, and make it into a U shape and insert into the corresponding pin holes in the motherboard's socket.
Check out the first pic on this page to see where to put the wire.

Thank you very much :)
I will try that if there is no "easy way with just changing bios ver.".

I tried the wire-trick, and it works like a charm..

I started with the slowest setting wich is 500Mhz, and adjusted the Vcore down to 1.1v wich is the lowest setting in the SoftMenu.
This gave 43c CPU temp with passive cooling.

I now have raised the Mhz slightly to 600Mhz, keeping the 1.1v, and the temp has climbed to 45c in the last 10 minutes.

I will give it some more time to see just how hot it gets, and then hopefully raise the Mhz some more without overheating.

Back