• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trojan alert!@omega site

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

Evereyone be careful upon visiting the omega driver site!

My Mcafee virus online picked up and cleaned a trojan upon clicking on the Nvidia page so dont go unprotected!

Sorry i cannot give u the name of the trojan as i wasnt paying attention.

Last edited:
as in the omega corner place...? are you sure you weren't at any other sites? i have been there many times and don't get anything.

Hi,..
I too noticed this, and have contacted the site webmaster. I was getting alerts from McAfee concerning a VBS/Psyme alert in temp. internet files, and an unauthorised d/load of an .exe file called Fullgames.exe. and a stupid pop-up to a games site.

Psyme is known as a "dropper" trojan, which enabled my download manager to download the exe mentioned.

The site webmaster sent me this reply on the 23rd of March, but nothing has changed on the site, it is STILL happening !!:-

"" There is no virus on the site, the problem is from the pop-up Ads and some antivirus programs are detecting it as a virus when it really is just a script used by the AD.
Anyway, I'll be investigating further... """

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Make your own minds up, each visit, the same alert / vbs trojan and .exe are present. If this site is run to include such malware/vbs trojan code, then it leaves one wondering what other malicious code the omega drivers include, and i wont be testing them until i know just exactly what this is all about..

Yes Stan03, the same site, i suggest you enable a real-time anti-virus scanner, and use PestPatrol alongside it..(which also picked this up).

Anyhows, lets hope that the OmegaCorner webmaster fixes this now that people have started to notice this dodgy code.

GG

Gr33nGecko said:
Hi,..
I too noticed this, and have contacted the site webmaster. I was getting alerts from McAfee concerning a VBS/Psyme alert in temp. internet files, and an unauthorised d/load of an .exe file called Fullgames.exe. and a stupid pop-up to a games site.

Psyme is known as a "dropper" trojan, which enabled my download manager to download the exe mentioned.

The site webmaster sent me this reply on the 23rd of March, but nothing has changed on the site, it is STILL happening !!:-

"" There is no virus on the site, the problem is from the pop-up Ads and some antivirus programs are detecting it as a virus when it really is just a script used by the AD.
Anyway, I'll be investigating further... """

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Make your own minds up, each visit, the same alert / vbs trojan and .exe are present. If this site is run to include such malware/vbs trojan code, then it leaves one wondering what other malicious code the omega drivers include, and i wont be testing them until i know just exactly what this is all about..

Yes Stan03, the same site, i suggest you enable a real-time anti-virus scanner, and use PestPatrol alongside it..(which also picked this up).

Anyhows, lets hope that the OmegaCorner webmaster fixes this now that people have started to notice this dodgy code.

GG

Interesting! well i can say i did scan the drivers and they were clean but u know they are taken from other sites.

hmm i use norton antivirus and internet security... never had any problems

That's your trouble then - Norton.
lol,..sorry, but NAV and the rest of their software suite are highly overrated.... aggressive marketing doesn't necessarily mean a good product,..i mean, look at AOL..pmsl...lol,..but hey, if you're happy with it ;oP . No offence intended to any Norton users, but there ARE loads better and MUCH cheaper options out there...

There is a fix on the micro$haft website that was supposed to stop this kinda thing from happening,..but i've done all service pack updates, and it still happens...hhmm...

Oh well,..the joys of computing eh..??.. ;o))

GG

That's great !!... But Norton didnt tell you about this eh.??..lol:D

Zone Alarm since it came out / Pestpatrol / Anti-Virus Scanners by McAfee or Panda,... never had an active virus infect my system ever .... on the 'net since 96.:D :cool:

GG

Back