• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home depot clamps and Tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teh_0ni0n

Registered
Is it ok to get my 1/2 tubing at home depot? Would it be cheaper than voyermods.com? I think it's tygon. And also, could I use stainless steel clamps from home depot without problems? And, is there anywhere I could buy a Hydor l20 Pump Locally? (corona, california) THx.

i use stainless steel clamps from the hardware store and 3/8" vinyl tubing i got there for 10ft it was 2.12

yea the home depot tubing is vinyl tubing the pump u could got with a mag 3, which could be found at a petsmart or any other pets store. pick up some 1/2 brass barbs from home depot just be careful in tighten them on the mag pump to tight and u could crack the housing.

well the mag has good pressure, low heat dissipation, low noise. at 350 gph 1 feet the l20 is 185 gph same stuff as mag but lower in the performance level

The mag3 has more noise and more heat but higher performance (flowrate/head ht.) vs. the L20. Petsmart usually carries the mag under the "pondmaster" label. The problem is they often have integrated 3/4" (?) barbs for the intake.

Back