• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeking input on Thermaltake Aquarius III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X_T_C_X

I have been looking to go water cooled and internal is out of the question due to space constraints, so I have been looking long and hard at the Thermaltake Aquarius III as an option.
However I can not find anything in the way of reviews and as you all seem to have a firm grasp on the subject of water cooling I was hoping for some input.
Thanks

P4 3.2ghz
FX 5700 Ultra
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
2 X 512MB Corsair Twinx PC3200 LL
4 X Maxtor 7200RPM SATA-150 8MB
Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A

Sorry this is an after thought and I have now been reading until my eyes bleed looking for something that states weather or not condensation in the tubing is an issue but I can find nothing.
I live in the desert so its real hot in the day and get chilly at night so I figure that may be an issue... Is it ?
Thanks again

I don't believe it is a good solution, I think most would agree with that. I would venture to say that high end air would be as effective or more effective. I would seek out a better solution. Take your time, do research and you will be much better off.

X_T_C_X said:
Sorry this is an after thought and I have now been reading until my eyes bleed looking for something that states weather or not condensation in the tubing is an issue but I can find nothing.
I live in the desert so its real hot in the day and get chilly at night so I figure that may be an issue... Is it ?
Thanks again
No not unless you chill the water to below ambient temps. With rad cooling H20, that is not going to happen.

In general people tend to stay away from aquarius systems.
Their performance in the past has not been exciting.

You might want to consider some other external setups, for example corsair unit.

[edit out]

Condensation is only an issue when your water is colder than the air. This is impossible unless you are using TEC's, a compressor, or some sweet evaporative cooling. Condensation is not a problem.

Quit looking at the thermaltake aquarius and read through the stickies in the watercooling sticky forum, you should be able to figure out how to order your own parts there... You'll save money, and get better performance. ;)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! Have a click on my sig if you want to say hello to everyone! :)

OK so in reading both the fourms and reviews it would seem that the 2 best choices would be ether the Koolance Exos or the Corsair Hydrocool 200 probably in that order but as a n00b to the scene i would be greatful for any input you all could provide.
Thanks

IMO, the EXOS is in the same overpriced, overhyped bin as the Aquarius.

If all you want a self contained, one box option, get the Hydrocool.

Back