• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

homer77

Hi,

I recently purchased Abit NF7-S v2 to overclock my xp2000+. I used Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT memory.

Here is the weird part, I was able to pass mem86 test when running 166fsb. However, when running at 200fsb, which is what it suppose to run, I got thousands of errors when running mem86 test. I even lower the multiplier down to 6x, and I still have those errors.

Here is my setup:

CMX512-3200C2PT
2.5-3-3-11
vDimm 2.9v
Abit NF7-S v2
Radeon 9700pro
Enermax EG365P-VE(FMA) PS

Is there something wrong with my memory? :(

I have found the problem! When I ran the CPU-Z, it actually showed the module as PC2700!!! :eek:

Luckily Newegg is willing to refund me the money even though I bought it last Oct.

I have another question. I still have another CMX512-3200 stick and suppose to run dual channel with (No, they are not TwinX. but I was told they can run dual channel as long as they can run the same timing). Now that one of the stick is bad, should I sell the other stick and get a real dual pack or I can just get another CMX512-3200 and run those as dual channel.

How much performance difference if they are not dual pack memory.

Any info is appreciated.

there is no such thing as "dual channel" ram .... your chipset decides that.... a kit is just supposed to be speed binned so that both sticks will match speeds, if you by another stick of the exact same stuff it should* run in dual channel mode

Back