• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3200 or DDR4000 for ASUS p4p800Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dunker1

Guys, I am building a new pc (myfirst). I have a a board, and 400fsb chip (which I will upgrade soon),
I am currnetly bidding on a new vid card 9800Pro 128Mb - prices have come down nicely there eh!

But its time to buy memory.
I intend to mildly overclock, after I get some courage and read all thse great posts!! You boyz are smart MoFos.
I was looking at :
1. Kosuma memory -DDR4000 500MHZ.
2. OCZ - PC3200 EL or
3. PC4000 Gold. Money is a consideration. The Kosuma price seems to good to be true..$219 for 1GB....

Kingston seems epxensive - what am I missinghere?

Help - set a Noob Straight so I can continue my hard core gaming addiction.
Dunker.

Hmmm....

Dude the corsair is 356 bucks on that site.....what I am getting that I don't get for 220 elsewhere?

If you are upgrading to a 2.4C I would go with some OCZ PC-4000 EL. It would be easier to recommend memory based on the CPU you are getting rather than your current CPU, as it will limit you severely when it comes to memory.

2.8Mhz Intel- & Geil Memory? ddr4000

Thx for all the input - Any thoughts on the Geil units? OCZ carries a hefty premium int he DDR4000 500 Mghz range. New chip will be 2.8 for a 800FSB board.

Dude, get the komusa adata 4200. Everyone else has been going to crazy speeds with it. Max got 301 fsb on his an50r and a64 3000+.

Back