• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan setup for Radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Glumy

Registered
Hehe i just posted requesting pictures of Xaser III cases watercooled, but had an entirely different question. Figured a new post was appropriate.

I've got Dtek's Pro-Core radiator and it came with 1 shroud and 1 fan. Some pics I've seen on this site have shrouds on either side of the radiator. Whats up? Could I get suggestions on how my radiator setup should be? (I'm definitely going to place the radiator inside the case and it will be going in the bottom front of the case. Should I get 2 fans & 2 shroulds? Which way should the fans be blowing? What config is most effective in drawing heat from the water?

Thanks in advance!

-The Noob with Endless Questions...

Glumy said:
Hehe i just posted requesting pictures of Xaser III cases watercooled, but had an entirely different question. Figured a new post was appropriate.

I've got Dtek's Pro-Core radiator and it came with 1 shroud and 1 fan. Some pics I've seen on this site have shrouds on either side of the radiator. Whats up? Could I get suggestions on how my radiator setup should be? (I'm definitely going to place the radiator inside the case and it will be going in the bottom front of the case. Should I get 2 fans & 2 shroulds? Which way should the fans be blowing? What config is most effective in drawing heat from the water?

Thanks in advance!

-The Noob with Endless Questions...

best is 2 fans & shrouds in a push-pull configuration (1 fan "pushing" air through the rad and the other "pulling") - either you get higher airflow (and hence lower water temps) and/or can run the fans at lower voltage and hence noise...

btw the pro-core has been discontinued now - and the shrouds for it have dropped to $9.99 - might be worth getting another one quick if you want a matched one, although other manufacturers make them too (or you can make one yourself) best to draw cold air from outside through the rad....

Back