• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ + Lanpary NFII Ultra B Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChiefScout

Ok I'm going to be building myself a new computer pretty soon. I've looked into a ton of mobos and after getting it down to two (NF7-S and Ultra B) I've chosen the Ultra B due to the huge FSB's you ppl are getting and the cool UV glow :D. Anyways I really like OCZ memory and was planning on gettting a pair of 256mb sticks of OCZ Gold Dual Channel PC3700, until I looked at a couple threads and no OCZ memory has been "supported" by DFI. Plus on the new egg link to the ocz memory

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-963&depa=0

It says "Optimized for high speed applications on the Intel I865/I875 chipset", so would it run all gay on an AMD system. I read the review on the OCZ Platinum Dual Channel 3200 a few posts down...but what do you think?

I wouldn't mind running other types of memory too bad...maybe like Mushkin or somethin. Thanks for all the help,
Chief

should run great, and you will like the 3700 ram since your ram will not limit your overclocking. you can also run very tight timings too ;)

Xenocide said:
you can also run very tight timings too ;)

no....

ocz pc3700 will not run 2/2/2 regardless of clockspeed or voltage. the chips simply will not run tight timings.

OCZ gold pc3700 uses modified pc2700 samsung chips.

----------------------------------------------------------
All pc4000 and above us Hynix D4
Tech doc

pc4500pic.jpg

Last edited:
Back