• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

m2600+=500MHZ, BIG PROBLEM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ou_phidelt

Well I put together my first system today. When I got it to boot up I went into look at the processor and RAM. To my suprise it says Unknown CPU type 501MHz. Atleast it got the right amount of RAM. I am using the aformention AMD m2600+ with a NF7-S.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

looks like its not reconizing the mobile cpu so its going 5x100, i would just put in the default multiplier 17, and fsb 133, and overclock from there... your vcore is 1.45 too i think..

jup, ur running a "technically incompatable" chip in that mobo. Fortunatly everything works fine so long as you understand that ur Mobo has no clue what CPU ur running.

How is this going to affect performance? I bought very high level stuff wanting to get the best possible. I just want to make sure that nothing negative is happening here.

LOL dont worry about it. It is a mobile, it does that. Mine does the same thing. It overclocks like a mad man:D . Mine does 2500Mhz at 1.75vcore and 2700Mhz at 1.95vcore.

If you have more questions about it, I would post in the AMD CPU section.

I will. At the time I thought it was a motherboard problem. It was my first time and sense alot of people use that combo, or 2500, I thought this would be the better place to post it. I was just freaked and looking for help.

Usually when you put a new processor in a board, it automatically sets it to the lowest possible speed so it doesnt damage it by setting a high speed. It wants you to configure the correct speed, so nothing gets set wrong. It is perfectly normal.

Back