• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS XP Pro little arrow on the right that hides icons, I lost it..HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

If you have XP Pro or XP, on the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen, the light blue area where the clock is displayed. There's that symbol that looks like this >, well it moves back and forth when various icons are hidden or not being used.

Somehow I have lost it...I cannot seem to find how to get it back either. When I right click on the taskbar and go to Properties, Hide Inactive Icons...is checked.

SO I am unsure what else I can do?

Any ideas????

Thanks.....

well it wont show up if 1. you have a task running in the task bar and it changes every sec or once in a while like zonealarm...2.if you just reinstalled windows it wont hide them until like a day or to..3. there is another reason but i just forgot...if those aint the reason let us kno in a day or to

Well, I haven't reinstalled WinXP..computer was just built a week ago.

I don't have a program that is constantly running as you indicated..Only thing down there is Norton Anti Virus, and Yankee Clipper, and MS Messenger..which has been deactivated upon installation of the XP OS....So none of those fit..as the programs I jus mentioned didn't prevent the little arrow from appearing ...

Still at a loss, all I remember is fooling around and rightclicking lastnight..and some how I lost it.

right click on the task bar and go to properties then where the enable hide inactive icons is located click customize and you can select and option for every program thats running in the task bar to hide

Well I went there...and the programs that are showing, are enabled.

But the others are hidden and tha's fine I imagine.

When I select a program to be hidden and apply it..I don't see the arrow pop up..

Checking the first box, where it says..keep inactive programs hidden..shows in that mini preview screen..tha arrow...but it doesn't appear on my desktop..

Still clueless

I HAVE IT working..thanks guys...all I did was take one of the programs, and make it hide and unide..and all of sudden it popped back up...

Thanks I appreciate itl

Back