• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ehiem 1250 fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Busty St. Clair

so i was reading the specs of the ehiem 1250 and it says the fittings are 1inch and 5/8 an inch so would i need reducers to use this pump with a 1/2 inch hosing

For 1/2" tubing yes you would, the intake is 5/8" OD (1/2"ID). But after seeing the results posted in another thread I would reccommend using larger tubing for the intake if at all possible, having a 5/8" hose running from a reservoir to the pump for example.

Have a look at the thread below if you wonder why I think you should use the 5/8" hose, the pictures within will explain it much better then words can.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248390

What if you have your inlet going to the rad that have 1/2" fitting...you'll need an adapter to fit the 5/8" ...what will be the side effects ?

It's so annoying when they don't say ID or OD. I mean, they're like the outlet is 5/8", but how are you supposed to know it's ID or OD? I guess when they say hose it means OD.

I let my 1/2" tubing sit in very hot water to let it soften up, then I squeezed it over the 5/8" outlet. Worked fine for me :)

Silent Buddha said:
It's so annoying when they don't say ID or OD. I mean, they're like the outlet is 5/8", but how are you supposed to know it's ID or OD? I guess when they say hose it means OD.

stock fittings for a 1250 are:
inlet 16mm ID 22mm OD
outlet 12mm ID 16mm OD

Nitrix said:
Thanks Paul

so, for exemple, wich tube size on dangerdan is designed to exactly fit the 5/8" OD inlet and the 1/2" OD outlet of the eheim 1250 ?

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/tubing_clamp.asp

those stock dimensions approximate to:
inlet 5/8" ID, 7/8" OD and outlet 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD

1/2" ID should fit over them (given a quick dunk in boiling water for the inlet at least)

it is possible of course that DD's eheims come with non-stock fittings....

granted it's been 2 years ago but my 1250 came from DD with the stock eheim fittings. I was able to squeeze both vinyl and clearflex 1/2 ID tubing over the 5/8th's inlet no problem. Not at the same time of course :). Awesome pump btw, quiet, powerful, reliable.

j.

Back