• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-947U on the NF7-S Ver 2, any problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogetadbl

Thermalright's site says the version 2 will not fit this HS, but when I tried it the fitting was fine. I was wondering if you guys had any problems with this combo? Thanks

Well.....

That answers one of my questions......now the only question which to get, this cooler or the Vapochill?

Seems the NF7-S has some very minor issues with the Thermalright...Here is a link discussing mounting the SLK 947.

Link

Plugging in the fan before mounting the heat sink and possibly cutting a corner of the x-plate to clear one the the motherboard standoff's might be necessary.

Hope this helps...:)

I have the slk947 and I did trim the back plate so I can still use one of the standoffs of the mobo.. which it was blocking.. Also it did come close to some of the caps on the mobo .. So I filed some of the black plate on the heat sink so there is more clearance..

Thunda

..btw.. Logan great site you have.. was checking it out the other day .. lots of good info ;)

the only issue you will have is with the xplate blocking the stand off. I just finished installing one on an NF7-S mobo and had little trouble. Just point the pipes towards the mem.

I am running a 947U. I just decided that i could live without that stand off since im the lazy sort and i dont have any mounting probelms there. its close to some caps but not touching-and if it did touch, it would not conduct, the plate is up to the plastic coating on the caps so conductivity would not occur. (correct me if im wrong.)

im having problems... :(

i trimmed a corner off the backplate... and mine does touch the caps...

is that part of the reason why my system doesnt turn on??? it turns on for like .5 sec... if i take the cpu out... and the power supply is to the mobo, the fans continue to run... but if the cpu is there, it jsut shuts off....

anyone else have this problem?

UPDATE: bios is dead... so im pretty sure its not the hs for now...

Last edited:
Back