• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setup Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A_power

Registered
After finally deciding on a case, I now have a couple questions about setup. The first being on cooling the radiator. I decided to go with the Black Ice Xtreme radiator for size issues. Would it be better to just use one fan(push or pull?) or 2 fans( one pushing and one pulling)? Also how many exhaust fans should I use to help keep my case temps down? Lastly, power supply. What wattage should I be looking at? I have a Antec 330 from a previous case and would like to use it but, if I need more power thats not a problem. Thanks for the help!

A_power

Two fans in push/pull is ideal. It won't double the air flow, but will significantly increase it.

Rads don't care if the air is pushed or pulled through them. So whatever is easier.

Use two fans like Uberblue said and make or buy a pair of shrouds too (look for coolingworks, they make them for BIXs).

Try to have about the same airflow exhausting as you do intaking on the radiator.

For PSUs, if your comp runs fine with that 330, don't worry about a new PSU. Even the 12V pumps commonly seens (like the MCP600) don't pull terribly much power.

Back