• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of Watercooling setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I assembled this sucker a few weeks ago and finally got my DigiCam repaired today.

Pics:

WW-JR120-1250-1.jpg

WW-JR120-1250-2.jpg

What radiator are you using and what kind of temps are you getting? Nice setup!

A_power

You have the flow going backwards through your white water block. The middle should be the inlet, not the sides. Fixing it should give you a 2-3C drop in temps due to the impingment part of the block working effectively.

The rest of the setup looks pretty nice. :)

You have it plumbed completely backwards.

The center barb on the block is the inlet. Not the outlet. This is true for every three barb block.

Other than that, looks sweet.

A_power said:
What radiator are you using and what kind of temps are you getting? Nice setup!

A_power

D-TEK Jr-120 heatercore, 2.4C, 1.65 VCore @ 3.25 GHz, 42œC load on Abit mobo.

Idle is 36œC or 38œC - I can't remember exactly.

UberBlue said:
You have it plumbed completely backwards.

The center barb on the block is the inlet. Not the outlet. This is true for every three barb block.

Yeah I know, but I wanted it set up this way, my intention wasn't to go for lowest temps. That's what project 2 is for :)

(The setup was previously on an Epox 4PCA3+ which has the CPU socket set up so that the waterblock is mounted vertically, so my tubes were already cut and I couldn't do much more about it. I have more tubing coming in the mail though.)

AudiMan said:

Yeah I know, but I wanted it set up this way, my intention wasn't to go for lowest temps. That's what project 2 is for :)

(The setup was previously on an Epox 4PCA3+ which has the CPU socket set up so that the waterblock is mounted vertically, so my tubes were already cut and I couldn't do much more about it. I have more tubing coming in the mail though.)

OK, makes sense. Do what ya can with what ya have.

No, I'm using the Maze 4-1 for my project 2. It's going to be a completely different system. Different pump, HC, WB, tubing, mobo, PSU, CPU,,,,,you get my point :)

My tubing has has 1/8" walls.

walkerIV said:
What if you do this:
suggestion1.jpg

Original picture is property of AudiMan.

I think I tried that, but one of the tubes ended up kinking. The tubes connected to the two barbs are kinda hard to move around because they're not very flexible.

I'm not too concerned over 2-3œC. It's running about 9œC cooler than the SLK-900U and I only got about a 40 MHz higher overclock.

Thanks for the tips though! I'll keep them in mind next time I take the tubes off :)

Oh, that's too bad.
Over the years finding that optimal arrangment of wc components has become a second nature. Feng shui of watercooling?
Usually it manifests in small what ifs and lets try thats.
That's why I don't have a window on my system. Wouldn't be able to keep out.

PS. i'll drop the picture in a week or so from my hosting.

You guys are making me feel like an idiot!

LOL @ the backwards install. :D :p

Busty St. Clair said:
don't u love the color of uv dyes in daylight

I actually took that picture in the dark!

Did you cut out some of the metal from the front of the case to allow the air to flow through? I am not suggesting, I am asking..

Also, is that fan pushing air or pulling?

Back