• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GSXR1000

Registered
Ive seen some pretty sweet overclocks with the LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B. I was wondering if you guys are using the stock heatsinks for the chipset. If not what would be the best cooler i could get for this board? I wanna see what i can do with a mobile 2500 and this board.

Thats what i was wondering. I have a A7N8X-E right now and the best it could do was 225. I have plenty of airflow so im not worried about that. What do you run for temps?

if you have a beefy video card, the hot air can get caught under the card, right on your southbridge.
A VGA silencer fixed this problem.

Also, since I run 250FSB 24/7, I took the northbridge heatsink off, lapped it (it's VERY rough), and put it back on with some artic silver.
BIOS tells me my temp on the northbridge is 30C right now

i don't have a dfi, but on my epox, i took off the heatsink and got one of those thermaltake northbrige coolers with a 9k rpm blower, i know its overkill and its thermaltake (yuck), but it gets the job done and keeps it VERY cool

It tells the nb temp? I thought system is just the cases ambient temp?
Hydr0 Styles said:
if you have a beefy video card, the hot air can get caught under the card, right on your southbridge.
A VGA silencer fixed this problem.

Also, since I run 250FSB 24/7, I took the northbridge heatsink off, lapped it (it's VERY rough), and put it back on with some artic silver.
BIOS tells me my temp on the northbridge is 30C right now

I was looking at a cooler for the northbridge. Thermaltake makes it. Is worth a damm? What would be u guys recommend for some serious cooling?

I dont really see the need for cooling on the dfi boards. (changing their current cooling that is)

You should only need cooling on the northbridge unless you're looking for insane FSBS; otherwise, there should be no problem. GSX - Grab an SP-97 with the Mobile and you're good to go. I usually idle 31/32 and load 36/37.

I have the slk900 right now. Seems to work pretty good. I can always throw the 92mm tornado on it if i need to. I also have 12 case fans...so airflow isnt a problem. This is my first dfi board so im just making sure i have everything i need to run the heck out of it.

SP-97 > 900; you'll see a small difference in idle temps but the heatpipes really help out when it's loaded or overclocked, as it helps to draw more hot air from the core.

Back